Suitable for: Macmillan Professionals
Duration: 10 hours
Focusing on core knowledge and skills, and looking at how to apply some of the learning in your workplace.
Living with the impact of cancer
Equip yourself with the vital skills you need to strengthen your relationships with people living with or beyond cancer and help them to self-manage more effectively.
Understand why nutritional care is a vital element of cancer care and how to manage and support patients' dietary needs.
- Understand nutrition and its role in cancer development and treatment.
- Understand the nutritional problems experienced by those affected by cancer.
- Consider how nutritional status can impact on treatment, prognosis and quality of life.
- Explore interventions for use in clinical practice to overcome or manage nutritional problems.
- Understand how to identify and advise on nutrition in relation to secondary cancer prevention and the primary prevention of other chronic diseases.
Any Macmillan Professional
Endorsed for CPD by the British Dietetic Association the professional association and trade union for dietitians